1. Yum Pla-Khow-Sarn or Anchovy salad: it is one of the most popular dish of the restaurant with deep-fried crunchy tiny anchovy mixed with yellow onion, green onion, tomato, cashew, and celery in chili lime fish sauce dressing. The dish is great for sharing for an appetizer or eat over rice. It's fresh and tangy flavor combined with crunchiness from well-fried fish is a perfect combination. The rice grain-size fish may look intimidating but be sure to give it a try.
2. Pla-Kra-Pong-Tod-Rad-Nam-Pla or Deep fried seabass with signature aromatic fish sauce:This item is on the restaurant's recommended menu item. The fish is deep fried to perfection then topped off with their house made fish sauce. It may sound fishy but certainly not the case. It's a perfect dish to eat with steamed jasmine rice.
3. Hor-Mok-Pla-In-Sea or Steamed Spanish Mackerel curry. This bite size appetizer can be eaten with rice as its intense flavor accompanied well with our aromatic jasmine rice.
4. Khao-pad-pu or Crab Fried Rice. This simple yet flavorful dish is a kid's friendly selection. It is great for sharing or as individual meal. Don't forget to add fresh squeeze of lime and some fresh Thai chili on top to enhance the flavor.
6. Gaeng-Pa-Pla-Hed-Kone or Silver Sillago Jungle Soup. It is a non-coconut curry and is pretty spicy but very very good!
We have a few more favorites, however, the above should be a great start. Feel free to ask questions before you plan a trip to Thailand. For now, Cheers to the great seafood restaurant, Lam Cha-roen Seafood !
Below are some of our favorites
LAEM CHA-ROEN SEAFOOD RESTAURANT
The restaurant specialized in Thai style seafood dishes and a few others. It is family-owned and operated joint.
LAEM CHA-ROEN NOW HAVE MULTIPLE LOCATIONS THROUGHOUT BANGKOK, LUCKY US, NO NEED TO DRIVE SO FAR FOR GREAT SEAFOOD RESTAURANT ANY MORE.
Most locations locate in famous shopping malls around Bangkok. The restaurants have distinct but modern atmosphere with great ambiance for family and friends. Some locations are also in a free standing building in various neighborhoods. However, we mostly frequent the location at Central World due to easy BTS (our sky train system) accessibility. You can hop off the train at either CHIDLOM or SIAM SQUARE station and walk about 10 minutes to Central World on skywalk (above and away from traffic). This location shown on pictures above is on third floor of the shopping mall.
HIGH QUALITY SEAFOOD AT AFFORDABLE PRICE
The restaurant offers wide variation of seafood including shrimp, squid, different kind of fish, mantis shrimp, scallop, crab, etc.The menu also has pictures which helps clarify the dish tremendously.